A new NDIS Price Guide and Support Catalogue effective 25 March 2020, is now available on the NDIS website introducing the following:
- A temporary 10 per cent increase to the price limit of some Core and Capacity Building supports
- Changes to the cancellation rules
- Introducing three new support coordination items under Core Supports to support plan flexibility
Temporary increase in price limits
The NDIA will temporarily increase price limits by 10 per cent for the following critical supports, effective 25 March 2020:
- Assistance with Daily Life (not including Supported Independent Living)
- Assistance with Social and Community Participation
- Improved Health and Wellbeing (not including personal training)
- Improved Daily Living Skills
These changes start today from 25 March and will be in place for six months. The NDIA will review this change in three months to assess if the changes continue to be appropriate.
The definition of short notice cancellation is changed. From 25 March 2020, participants will be required to give 10 business days’ notice (up from two days) for a cancellation if they want to avoid paying the full fee for a cancelled service. Refer to the NDIS Price Guide below for more information.
This change in the definition of short notice cancellations is for a six-month period (25 March 2020 to 25 September 2020), with an initial review at three months to determine if it continues to be appropriate. When reviewing, the NDIA will consider a range of factors, including the current status of the COVID-19 pandemic.
From 30 March, providers will also be able to claim 100 per cent of the agreed support price when a participant cancels a service at short notice (up from 90 per cent).
While there is no limit on the number of cancellations that can be claimed, the NDIA encourages providers to work with participants on minimising cancellations including through delivering services in innovative ways that meet the essential needs of the participant.
New line items for Support Coordination
Three new support coordination items have been introduced to the support catalogue under Core Supports, Assistance with Daily Life, effective 25 March 2020:
- 01_790_0106_8_3 – Level 1: Support Connection
- 01_791_0106_8_3 – Level 2: Coordination Of Supports
- 01_793_0106_8_3 – Level 3: Specialist Support Coordination
The new line items duplicate items already claimable under Capacity Building Supports.
The new item numbers allow participants to use their funds more flexibly to access these supports from either their Core or Capacity Building budgets.
The version control tables in the new Price Guide and Support Catalogue point you to the latest updates.
For more information visit the www.ndis.gov.au/providers/price-guides-and-pricing.