Each participant, family/carer/guardian/advocate and staff of NewIDAFE shall be given the utmost respect towards their privacy, dignity and confidentiality afforded to people in respect to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). NewIDAFE will adhere to the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
NewIDAFE shall investigate suspected or known breaches of privacy, dignity and confidentiality towards participants and their family/carer/guardian/advocate and takes steps to address such breaches.
- “Personal information” is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonable identifiable, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not.
- “Sensitive information” is a subset of personal information and includes any individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices or criminal record or health, genetic, biometric information or biometric templates.
- “Our website” means the NewIDAFE website NewIDAFE.com.au.
- “Online users” refers to anyone that accesses our website.
What personal information we collect:
The nature and extent of personal information that we collect varies according to your interactions with us. The personal information we collect about NewIDAFE participants and staff include:
For staff, and candidates for employment:
- email address,
- telephone numbers,
- fax numbers,
- date of birth,
- banking details
- superannuation details,
- file notes you have made, and
- any other information you provide on the documentation required to be completed upon induction.
We collect this information in order to:
- process an employment application,
- to assist with delivering services and programs while an individual is engaged as an employee with NewIDAFE,
- to meet legislative responsibilities to our employees,
- to assist NewIDAFE to review and improve its services and programs,
- to keep individuals informed about NewIDAFE developments and opportunities.
- Phone number
- Fax number
- Information about your programs
- Information about behaviours plans
- Medical information
- File notes about you
- Health information
- Other personal information to assist NewIDAFE provide programs
- Next of kin
- Emergency info
We collect this information in order to deliver NewIDAFE’s services and programs and to provide information about those services and programs to our participants.
How we collect your personal information:
Where possible, we collect personal information directly from you. This can occur in a variety of ways, including when you interact with us electronically by email or online form, by phone or in person through interviews, appointments and forms; when you access our website; and when we provide services and programs to you.
In some situations we may also obtain personal information about you from a third party, such as your parent, guardian, carer or advocate. If we collect information about you in this way, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of the information we collect and the purposes for collecting it.
If you would like to access any NewIDAFE’s services and programs on an anonymous basis or using a pseudonym, please tell us. If this is possible and lawful we will take all reasonable steps to comply with your request. However, we may not be able to provide the services and programs in question if we are not provided with the personal information requested.
Use of your personal information:
We use your personal information to provide our services and programs to you. We also use it to improve our services and programs and to notify you of opportunities that we think you might be interested in.
Disclosure of your personal information:
We do not disclose your personal information to any third party unless we have your consent or we are permitted by law.
We are not likely to disclose your personal information to recipients overseas. However, if we do need send personal information to an overseas recipient, we will take appropriate measures to ensure that the destination country has similar protections in relation to privacy or that we enter into contractual arrangements with the recipient to safeguard your privacy.
Security of your personal information:
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold against misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access to and correcting your personal information:
You can access and update your personal information by contacting us on NewIDAFE@NewIDAFE.com.au. We will require up to 1 week (depending on the information sought) to respond to your request.
We will provide you with access to your personal information and allow you to make changes where needed, unless we consider there is a good reason under the Privacy Act or another relevant law to withhold the information or not to make the requested change. If we deny you access to your personal information or refuse to make the requested change, we will tell you our reasons for doing so.
Complaints about privacy:
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to:
P.O. Box 1906
Port Macquarie 2444
02 6583 5545
We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
We reserve the right to change this policy in the future.